Romhacks with BPG files

discussion about anything that needs to go here: https://sourceforge.net/p/quickplay/_li ... rce=navbar
butter100fly

Re: Romhacks with BPG files

Postby butter100fly » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:35 am

Thanks for the info

So I read here: https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthrea ... 3#p1399053

and it says that .bps files are Binary Patch System files that are used for SMW hacks on the SNES, and it say that once you've created a patch file yourself with Flips, many SNES emulators will natively load the .bps file. So that (effectively) means that .bps is just another filetype for SNES roms.

So my first suggestion is simply add .bps to the supported filetypes of "Nintendo SNES' in Quickplay via the General Options menu (or manually include *.bps files in the dialog box when when you 'Search For Roms', and bingo! You can do this yourself right now, and I can add it to the defaults for SNES so all users will have that as a default.

Happy?
FabioAreia

Postby FabioAreia » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:18 pm

Nop BPS is like IPS.

The resulting file is still *.SMC
Yes i know i can patch the roms and then load the patched rom.

But i prefer using BPS files like i use ips today (Unpactched rom + ips -> quick play aply the patch then launch the emulator with patched rom, afer that quick play delete patched rom) .

Can you make it possible?
butter100fly

Postby butter100fly » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:06 pm

With a lot of work I could (I looked at the FLIPS src).
I guess you want to be able to play many hacks in a directory without having to manually patch each one yourself. Is there no simpler solution to get what you want? I note FLIPS can make patch a rom on the fly and then launch a snes emulator. If that or another one of the PBS patching progs takes command line input you could just set it up as a SNES emulator. You could then have your own naming system so quickplay calls like %FLIPS% %ROM% %ROMDIR%/%ROMFILENAMENOEXT%_ORIGINAL.snes?

Return to “Feature Requests and Bugs”