Multiple Media Panels? Bigger Real Icons?

discussion about anything that needs to go here: https://sourceforge.net/p/quickplay/_li ... rce=navbar
marperor

Multiple Media Panels? Bigger Real Icons?

Post by marperor » Sat May 05, 2018 4:28 pm

Quickplay is so amazing & close to perfect I mainly only dream about some gui improvements
1. Multiple media panels implemented. I realize you can get all your shots in thumbnail mode if you point to multiple directories but they all have to be the same size. Having more than one media panel could allow multiple images on screen with different sizes.
5.png
5.png (313.95 KiB) Viewed 6788 times
2. bigger real icons. able to display higher than 32x32 (or a thumbnail view for roms themselves).
3. Dark Themed gui
4. Turn off column heading bar (name, year, etc) if we don't resort often it takes up vertical space
5. Per folder layouts. like photoshop/premeire workspaces. say for one system/folder you want the media panel on the bottom instead of the normal place on the right
butter100fly

Re: Multiple Media Panels? Bigger Real Icons?

Post by butter100fly » Sun May 06, 2018 2:12 pm

hi marperor

1) Interesting idea! I've always thought the next level up would be to be able to display >1 tab of the media panel on screen at once in a single media panel. But I think you mean multiple media panels all with the same config+data, but independently change-able? that's a cool idea. One issue could be that to start with, they would all show the same set of images until you change one of them, which would look pretty weird. If you made it so they displayed different parts of the media panel config, then things get rather complex for the user, who now has to think about composing an individual media panel tab, a set of media panel tabs for the media panel, and then a set of media panels, each with all the tabs in. If you made it so there are no media panel tabs anymore and just a composable set of media panel windows, then you'd run out of screen space pretty fast...what do you think the solution is?

2) how did you make those real icons for your snes set? they look good...yes it would be nice to be able to link to a screenshot and have that as the icon, I will try and check how hard the 32x32 limit is with the icons (doubtless set because _Mamu's icons for MAME were 32x32)

3) If you look at the example screenshots on the website, you'll see other users have managed to make themseleves some great dark themes...

5) There's already a feature request for this I believe, I looked into it once and there was a great deal of refactoring that has to occur, but it irritates me too, particularly the difference between something like a MAME arcade set and a DVD set like PS2, you want totally separate layouts yes