"Remove Orphaned ROMs" takes you out of virtual folder

discussion about anything that needs to go here: https://sourceforge.net/p/quickplay/_li ... rce=navbar
quickplayer

"Remove Orphaned ROMs" takes you out of virtual folder

Post by quickplayer » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:44 pm

Create a custom search/virtual folder and then use the Remove Orphaned ROMs option from the ROMs menu.

Result: After cleaning the list up, QP will select one of your systems.
Expected result: QP should reload the same search/virtual folder.
butter100fly

Re: "Remove Orphaned ROMs" takes you out of virtual folder

Post by butter100fly » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:47 am

when you say 'quickplay will select one of your systems' - what do you mean? I must admit i've never used 'remove Orphaned ROMs' - maybe you could tell me what that actually does? Generally as much info as possible helps including screenshots etc, don't assume i'll know what everything is supposed to do!

You're reporting some great bugs: maybe i could convince you to make youreslf a login at sourceforge and add these to the bugs/features list yourself? https://sourceforge.net/p/quickplay/bugs/
quickplayer

Re: "Remove Orphaned ROMs" takes you out of virtual folder

Post by quickplayer » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:40 pm

Okay. I'll use Sourceforge for further issues.
  • "Re-scan mirrored directory" clears the current ROM list and creates a new list with all found ROMs.
  • "Remove Orphaned ROMs" just removes from your lists ROMs that you've deleted from your disk. It doesn't change anything else or add new ROMs.
If you use it while browsing a virtual folder, QuickPlay displays the full list of ROMs for the last system you have selected in the ROMs tab instead of just refreshing the virtual folder.

See:

It wasn't supposed to leave the "Tetris" virtual folder.