Import/Export Custom ROM Data extend rom properties

discussion about anything that needs to go here: https://sourceforge.net/p/quickplay/_li ... rce=navbar
hasseno

Import/Export Custom ROM Data extend rom properties

Post by hasseno » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:21 am

Hey there!

Can you extend this feature to cover the rest of the ROM properties?
Currently, only these properties are exported to the custom ini file. (company, language, rating, type, year, players)

I have been using this function to setup a useful database on my collection. Usually i rename the Rom names in QP. Here's an example.

Once that's done, i exported the rom data to an INI file.
But when i change/refresh my database, and import the custom rom data.
The edits done to the ROM NAME and COMMENTS are gone.

It would greatly improve the functionality of the export, if those properties are saved when exporting to the ini file.
Hoping you can spare some time and add/improve on it.
Thanks.

I also tried looking at the exported ini file. Yep, those information are sadly not exported.
butter100fly

Re: Import/Export Custom ROM Data extend rom properties

Post by butter100fly » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:07 am

I'd like to look into that yes, though it could take a while. Its doubtless just that John made the exporter tool before he added the new fields, so hopefully its a quick fix. It does need adding to the bugtracker or I will simply lose track of this forum post - would you care to create yourself a soureforge id so you can report the bug yourself here?: https://sourceforge.net/p/quickplay/bugs/ (you can just paste the url of this conversation in the bug description and mark it as urgent/next release)
hasseno

Post by hasseno » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:17 pm

Hey there!

Just registered as a new user and added it in the bug tracker. Really looking forward to this feature on the next update.

p.s
also registered on github, and forked QuickPlay.
only to find out that i have no idea about coding. haha.
Please don't mind it.
butter100fly

Post by butter100fly » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:26 pm

thanks for posting the bug report! I will definitely have a look at the issue before posting the next version!
butter100fly

Post by butter100fly » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:14 pm

Just to let you know i've fixed and tested this, it will appear in the latest version of QuickPlay, coming pretty soon. So sorry for the immense delay: covid lockdowns + very young children.