Feature suggestions and thoughts

discussion about anything that needs to go here: https://sourceforge.net/p/quickplay/_li ... rce=navbar
Sandman1973

Feature suggestions and thoughts

Post by Sandman1973 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:15 pm

* Perhaps add the favourite icon as a column item?

* Rom item. When selecting as favourite, perhaps make this a toggle. It seems the only way to remove again is from the favourite menu.

* Could favourite be a search field or a special virtual list?

* Could virtual search folders be included/mixed in the ROMs tab rather than a separate one?

* I see that you can drag items from a ROMs list in to another list - allowing for custom lists to be made. But this does remove it from the list it is dragged from. If the original list is a mirror and you refresh is returns. Perhaps it should remain in mirror lists when dragged. Perhaps it should remain in all cases and leave it to the user to remove it if they want to - or put this as an option.

* Emulators tab. Right clicking on the emulator and selecting config says "file not found". I realise now that this is trying to open the config file defined for the emulator. Perhaps this should be grey/disabled if not defined. Same with the open web page - which does nothing if not defined.

* Emulators tab. Perhaps add an option to open the "Emulator Management" dialog for the selected emulator - this is what I thought I was going to get from the config option that is there.

* Tools tab. Allow any tools/command line to be added to the Tools tab - not just those in the tools directory. I got around this by making a batch file to the exe I wanted and putting that in the tools directory.

* Tools tab. Perhaps put the defined tools on the utilities menu so that you don't need to change tab to use them.

* Media Panel Options. Perhaps allow for a list of file extensions to defined for matching in the search directory.

* Media Panel Options. When matching could an option be added to exclude defined suffixes too. For example ignore " - Tape 1" and " - Tape 2" would allow ExampleGame - Tape 1.rom and ExampleGame - Tape 2.rom to match ExampleGame.jpg and ExampleGame - User Manual.txt. Allowing the same resources to be show for the two parts of the rom.

* How about allowing #tags in the ROM comments and allowing these to be search for.