Add ips files massively

discussion about anything that needs to go here: https://sourceforge.net/p/quickplay/_li ... rce=navbar
JohnnyBravo

Add ips files massively

Post by JohnnyBravo » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:43 pm

Hi,

I think your front end is one of the best out there, as it has many functions that many others do not.

The one that I enjoy the most is the .ips file functionality for playing game hacks, which I think is the best out there, I would like to request, if possible to be able to add a bund of .ips files or a folder containing all of them instead of having to add 1 at a time. For games like Super Metroid or Super Mario World which have literally hundreds of hacks it's kind of tedious to do it one by one.

Again, many thanks for all your work and hope to see this project to continue to move forward.

Best Regards.
butter100fly

Re: Add ips files massively

Post by butter100fly » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:07 am

thanks for the praise, yes QuickPlay has many features that other frontends do not since it's design comes from a different place than many others. I haven't ever had this request before, so I added it here https://sourceforge.net/p/quickplay/fea ... quests/62/

Could you give any further details (prefereably on that ticket if you can make yourself a sourceforge login) how you see it working - i don't use the IPS functionality much and I haven't looked at the code in some time, so if you can also walk me through current process and how it doesn't work to mass-add that would be great
JohnnyBravo

Post by JohnnyBravo » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:16 pm

Thank you so much for your reply.

I have added additional details on the source forge ticket that you kindly opened.
butter100fly

Post by butter100fly » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:26 am

Brrillitant thanks for explaining in detail on the ticket - that's just what I needed! I see the problem yes....while I think about how I might solve that, one thing you might be able to do to speed things up for you is manually edit the romdata.dat file for the set you're adding IPS files to: In Explorer go to your qp folder and in data find the set you're trying to add IPS files to - if you open the romdata.dat and examine its structure you'll see there's an IPS section in each line of the text file, you might be able to work out how, after adding a single IPS to a game manually, you can copy and paste that entry and change the IPS file you're linking in each new line to link more quickly to all the IPS files you want. I'm afraid I can't be more specific on how as I've never used the IPS functionality, I just know there's an IPS section in the romdata near the end of each line, I think it has three parts - open/filename/close, but I'd be really interested if you can work out a process and let me know!