Testers and Goodmergers needed for new versions of QuickPlay

Discussion forum, stuff that isn't technical help....
butter100fly

Testers and Goodmergers needed for new versions of QuickPlay

Post by butter100fly » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:35 pm

hi all

just to let you know that I'm still working on the MAME functionality of QuickPlay, I know that many of you have posted other requirements and bugs whilst i’ve been working on this, but this is the biggest change to QuickPlay in a long time, so it hasn't left much time for other things. I'll dedicate some time after this major upgrade.

So I wanted to tell you guys if you are thinking of upgrading your MAME (or your RetroArch MAME), DON’T do it just yet, wait a few weeks till I release the new QuickPlay and you won’t regret it…

If anyone is willing to be a tester for the new version of QuickPlay that would be very much appreciated? At the moment you’d have to be a MAME/MESS user. If anyone is up to the challenge let me know through the forums please?

The other thing I wanted to say, is that we could really do with help continuing to support the GoodSets/GoodMerge sets - there’s lots to update but its not essentially a programming thing to do that work, so I never find the time - we need someone thorough to take ownership of this….please do consider if you are that person and let us know?
AFaustini

Re: Testers and Goodmergers needed for new versions of QuickPlay

Post by AFaustini » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:08 am

I`m not a Mame user, but i can test new versions...
butter100fly

Post by butter100fly » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:26 am

Great thanks for the offer! I guess you could test that my Arcade changes haven't caused any undesirable effects when i have the release version if you're up for that?

What functionality do you use from QuickPlay then? The GoodSets/Goodmerge? Retroarch? Something else?
AFaustini

Post by AFaustini » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:47 am

In some systems i use retroarch
butter100fly

Post by butter100fly » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:46 pm

Ok I sent you the new version. It includes a full new RetroArch Efind file...hope you like it