QuickPlay 4.6.5 is released

Discussion forum, stuff that isn't technical help....
butter100fly

QuickPlay 4.6.5 is released

Post by butter100fly » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:24 pm

This marks the end of a set of coding changes for a specific bug alx17 reported back in 2018 (sorry for the delay!) where the mame scanning could fail if some MAME files were missing.

The other changes are because I noticed whilst doing those fixes that the user experience for when we are doing a NEW mame scan for a newer MAME version after previously having (the massive, life affirming, joy of playing with!!!) a previous MAME set in QuickPlay wasn't 100% as I would like it, so I fixed those UI elements as well as the core bugs.

I also updated Daemon Tools Lite to the latest version, and changed the wiki to reflect the MAME and DT Lite changes

Next up, its time to think carefully about providing the CD/DVD caching functionlity for QuickPlay, but more generally: what happens when we have games in a central place and want to run them on a laptop or other client with much more limited storage capacity. I feel this is the next frontline....I also intend to carve out some time to outstanding feature requests. QuickPlay is based on old tech, so updating the fundamentals is important to me, but I do realise the that UI and other amendments that require fixing old things are important to many of you guys...hell it goes with the territory!
AFaustini

Re: QuickPlay 4.6.5 is released

Post by AFaustini » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:45 am

Thanks!