QuickPlay 4.7.1 is released

Discussion forum, stuff that isn't technical help....
butter100fly

QuickPlay 4.7.1 is released

Post by butter100fly » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:12 pm

Here lies small bugfixes for the 4.7.0 release, so do refer to the post I made about the QuickPlay 4.7 changes: https://forums.quickplayfrontend.com/vi ... 1699#p1699

The bugfixes here are mostly needed because the checks for Synctool being enabled (disabled by default as many will not be interested atm) were broken (thanks to user Daegothv for pointing that out) because:

* i'd messed up the checking of hostnames in the code (a great feature where if you have the same QuickPlay installed on more than one machine, you can enable Synctool only if this QuickPlay is running on your laptop)
* i'd left my config file in the release
* i'd placed Synctool's config file outside of QuickPlays dats directory, where config files live (that's why i'd left my config file in the release!)

(I did have tests written to prevent this stuff, but there's a technical issue with node's require and mocking libraries preventing those tests from being run with the rest of the integration tests. If you have no idea what i'm talking about, lucky you!)

I've also removed all traces of MESS-y Efind files in what gets released to you guys (thanks to user 8-Cyo for pointing out this subtelty) because these need to be generated by the user. If the user doesn't make them him/herself, they won't reflect the users MAME version, and worse the user might not even have MESS setup in MAME or RetroArch, and might not want those thousands of potentially working emulators reporting in QuickPlay.

Oh sorry.....you didn't quite get what I just said.....yeah, you heard me right, I just said 'thousands of working emulators'...i'd setup MAME if I were you, and print your MAME Software Lists with QuickPlay. its....nice....(and if the working games get too big for your laptop, just don't move them there and let Synctool get them on demand)

If you already downloaded 4.7.0, I wouldn't worry to download this tiny update, just delete qpnode_config.json from QuickPlay's directory and you'll be ok (Synctool will be disabled)

let me know if i've missed any other issues?