QuickPlay 4.7.3 is released

Discussion forum, stuff that isn't technical help....
butter100fly

QuickPlay 4.7.3 is released

Post by butter100fly » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:08 pm

Just a bugfix release, so still refer to the release notes for QP4.7.0 and go use Synctool: https://forums.quickplayfrontend.com/vi ... 1699#p1699

If you live in a region where ASCII file paths are acceptable, and you don't use 3DS, Wii U, PS3 emulators, you don't need this update

The main bugfix here is (I do hope) because Daegothv helped me to finally identify why some users reported 7zip extraction errors after I updated the 7zip dll library in QuickPlay to make QuickPlay work with LZMA2 archives (LZMA2 is useless to GoodMerge romsets, but some new GoodMerge Romsets got compressed using it, understandable since its been 7zip's default for some time). The code and situation around this is not the prettiest, and like John, I don't read Japanese, but as well as fix the issue I managed to upgrade the Japanese dll to one released just last year, so that made me happy

Another change made is to make the default zip extraction policy to extract to QuickPlay's local temp directory in the QuickPlay folder. Bear in mind only one file at a time should live in here, and the kind of situations we come across with user's games stores (as I hope I demonstrated with Synctool) can be varied and unpredictable, and QuickPlay could hope to be installed on SSD, where you'd want to unpack to. So I changed the extraction directory for new users, lets stop trying to extract to the ROM directory unless we say so....a good side-effect of this is that there's one place to see ROMs that get left behind, rather than have them scattered....

So if you are an existing user, I'd advise changing this option as i'm going to assume thats the rule not the exception from now on "utilities/general options/emulator options -> Uncompress Roms to" and change to 'QuickPlay temp dir'

The last change is the incorporation of more EFinds due to AFaustini's amazing idea of a forum topic dedicated to them: https://forums.quickplayfrontend.com/vi ... f=2&t=1364
This topic makes it easy for me to grab them when i'm pushing a QuickPlay update. EFinds are one of the astounding things about QuickPlay so post us your efinds on that topic
jaw970

Re: QuickPlay 4.7.2 is released

Post by jaw970 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:11 pm

Hello,

Something isn't right ...

QP's main page says Current Version 7.1.2
When you download this, the download is for version 4.7.2
When you start 4.7.2, you get prompted that there is a new version of QP available. If you select YES you are directed to the download page with the same version number, 4.7.2

Thanks,
Jason
butter100fly

Re: QuickPlay 4.7.3 is released

Post by butter100fly » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:28 am

Whoops, thanks so much Jason, pointing that out so quickly is a real help! I was already exhausted by the time I released 4.7.0 so mistakes were inevitable! Corrected now if you download 4.7.3 the version numbers should match everywhere
And sorry again AFaustini for not getting the RetroArch EFind in there for this release. Next release will be soon!