Old Forum Archive

Discussion forum, stuff that isn't technical help....
AFaustini

Old Forum Archive

Post by AFaustini » Fri May 20, 2016 1:00 pm

Hey!
I had a crash on my hd, and i lost all the addons for Quickplay, like the system dats, efind .ini, and screenshots.
On the http://quickplay.sourceforge.net/index.php?title=links rest the links for all that stuff, but there all offline.
There is another place for download all that stuff?
butter100fly

Re: Old Forum Archive

Post by butter100fly » Sun May 29, 2016 9:35 pm

Hey AFaustini, welcome to the new forums

Everything you need should now be part of quickplay - so just go to sourceforge and download it. The only additional addon that isn't actually included in the latest version is the GoodMerge screenshots (as they aren't really 'part' of quickplay, they are a separate project. Find them here: http://quickplayfrontend.com/screens41.7z

Its my job to get everything out of the old forum site that we might need, but I think I got most of it into the quickplay download itself already - let me know anything I missed!
AFaustini

Post by AFaustini » Mon May 30, 2016 11:58 pm

I don`t find the system romdatas like the ones that had in this topic: http://www.quickplayfrontend.com/index.php?showforum=16
I only found the orfax romdatas because they are on a separate site.
butter100fly

Post by butter100fly » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:43 pm

Which system romdatas are you referring to? The non-mame arcade ones perhaps?

I'll fix the links on the links page, and re-up the old arcade romdatas to sourceforge (I had thought people would only be interested in MAME)
AFaustini

Post by AFaustini » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:28 am

I found the other rom datas. Sorry.
Thanks for all the help!
butter100fly

Post by butter100fly » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:16 pm

thanks - though be aware I am ACTIVELY looking for useful downloads that were on the old forum that are not included in the new package or elsewhere, so it would be useful to know what romdatas you found and where you found them? (I have a sneaking suspicion there could be some people still using the old non-mame arcade romdatas i made, but these are old now so I don't know...)
AFaustini

Post by AFaustini » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:06 pm

butter100fly

Post by butter100fly » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:57 am

ok sure - Orfax hasn't update that site in many years, haven't heard from him since he got his xbox ;-) - his mame romdata and script are very old - i'd advise generating a new mame romdata using the latest version of the perl script in the quickplay tools section instead of using that, and I should probably post an updated mame romdata somewhere too. I can also see I also need to redo some of the links at the url you posted there (in particular the goodmerge screenshots), so 'll do that shortly too - thanks!

on the subject of the goodmerge screenshots, ulao is too busy now i think to help out with making an updated set for the latest goodmerge versions that cowering has posted - I think those screenshots need to be updated for stuff cowering has done over the last few years - if anyone wants to help let me know, I fear I may not get around to it....?