Quickplay 4.1.3 is released

Discussion forum, stuff that isn't technical help....
butter100fly

Quickplay 4.1.3 is released

Post by butter100fly » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:27 pm

Download it here https://sourceforge.net/projects/quickp ... t/download

This update is mainly about the cd/dvd multiloader which is now very feature-rich, most importantly it allows for cached loading (if you run a nas box or similar, cd/dvd images that you've downloaded to your laptop will stay on your laptop in the cache). The latest Deamon Tools Lite is a great release also, so we're now using that as our primary multiloader tool - so make sure you download the latest version (as they change their command-line call every time they release!). Also we finally made use of Daemon Tools' ability to mount zips - you need to alter the multiloader config file to tell it what drive letter to use).

What can currently be achieved with Daemon tools and 7zip now happens very fast, so we're very impressed with the result - hope you like it! install both and run quickplay's efind and your games will load simply and quickly

Another main feature of the release is support for Retorarch - their goal of standardising and making loads of emulators 'just work' for the average user is totally the spirit of QuickPlay, so install this alongside Retroarch, do an EFind in QuickPlay to find all the Retroarch emulators, link them to your roms, and play some games....

Release notes are:

New full Retroarch Efind (everything but MESS: that's to follow next!)
Multiloader Cache
  • now can cache archived images locally in a temp directory
    uses robocopy and looks for symlinks
    checks cache before redownloading
    checks your local copies of archives and recopy if they got interrupted/corrupted

Multiloader functions/upgrade
  • upgraded to use daemon tools lite 10.4 - the newest and actually best! Vastly improved performance
    you can now mount a zip in daemon tools and pass the iso to the emulator
    we now look in archives using 7zip to find the runnable iso
    made multiloaders for some PSP, Gamecube, NDS and Dreamcast emus (which enables us to cache those systems' games too)
    added Saturn emulator SFF to multiloader
    supports the non-typical command line of NullDC the Dreamcast emu

Multiloader maintainance
  • fixed a bug where you sometimes had to click a rom twice to (multi-)load it
    removed winmount from the multiloader (this was great but got discontinued)
    fixed exclamation marks and ampersands in paths
    fixed to consitently use 8:3 names or shortnames

Efind
  • fixed bug with efind window and large displays
    fixed issue with results screen

added background images submitted by dar3255
Corrected system names for some systems

See here http://quickplay.sourceforge.net/wiki/i ... ures_Guide for detailed guide
What's next?
rocket launcher support will follow, plus retroarch's MESS support, and then MESS support generally, that's my roadmap right there...basically i've looked at cd/dvd compressed loading when you may or may not have a NAS box servicing your stuff really quite well now, so i'll be defocusing on that now that i can just press 'load' and focusing on the usual: supporting everything i can...
AFaustini

Re: Quickplay 4.1.3 is released

Post by AFaustini » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:50 pm

Thanks!
srnickolas

Post by srnickolas » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:44 am

Thank you!!!! I think it is time to updade from my 3.9.0 i've been using for years!It will take some time but i cant wait to see all the new features (wow mounting compression support).Kudos
srnickolas

Post by srnickolas » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:28 am

Hey guys,sorry for double posting.I was going to install the new daemon tools lite, but there is a lot of anger in the web with the program.Apparently it installs spyware without asking(even if you uncheck relevant boxes).Is this true?Can i use the old trick of disabling internet connection and then installing without a problem?
butter100fly

Post by butter100fly » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi there.

No spyware I could see - I like the latest deamon tools its really quick and functional, the versions up till now have had problems, though I did discover a problem with mounting zips directly and running the cue from the mounted drive - they've made it so if the combined name of the zip and iso/bin/cue is too long they rename the bin and cue, which causes the cue to not work. I raised a ticket with them about this, haven't checked up on its status yet. But this only affects games witth crazy long paths.....