RetroArch, can't load overrides

Something not working as it should? We can help you....
Soulios

RetroArch, can't load overrides

Post by Soulios » Wed May 22, 2019 4:14 pm

I use RetroArch with this command:

-L "cores\core_name.dll" "%ROM%"

And it works but it only loads the main cfg. It ignores any overrides i have completely.

Other frontends like LaunchBox work nicely by default but i can't find how to make Quickplay load the overrides. Is there a way?
butter100fly

Re: RetroArch, can't load overrides

Post by butter100fly » Thu May 23, 2019 12:53 pm

Sorry but i have many .cfg and .rmp files in use with RetroArch called via QuickPlay, and it all works without any problems. RetroArch automatically loads these in order if they are named the same as the core or game being launched, its got nothing to do with the command line that launches RetroArch, so I don't understand how that can be the problem? Can you tell me the difference in the command line that QuickPlay is calling versus what LaunchBox is calling?
butter100fly

Re: RetroArch, can't load overrides

Post by butter100fly » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:11 pm

I had one thought about RetroArch issues - the call to the core requires a relative path, if there were some CD command in the way of the frontend and RetroArch, that wasn't guarded by the /D flag, there might, I guess be issues if RetroArch was on a different drive to QuickPlay - is this the case? I'd expect in that case retroarch wouldn't load the rom, but it might work it out from the rom....