Frontend cant see emulators.

Something not working as it should? We can help you....
Leepro@222

Frontend cant see emulators.

Post by Leepro@222 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:12 am

Going from QP3 to QP4. QP3 mostly works.
Started using QP4 and...here's what i did. Added a folder called "NES", with an NES romset there, added 2 NES emulators (FCEU and Nestopia).
What i expected - right-click on a rom, a menu opens, "Run with" opens a submenu to choose an emulator. That is how it is in QP3.
What actually happens in QP4 - right-click on a rom, "Run with" doesnt open a submenu and doesnt do anything. Double-clicking on a rom gives me "emulator linked to this rom was not found" message. What ? All right, i go into folder options and set "default emulator" to FCEU - nothing changes. It only works if i go, select ALL the roms, and manually set their emulator to FCEU, THEN it works. But what if i want to run a rom in Nestopia ? Then i have to, again, manually go into rom properties and set it's emulator to Nestopia. Basically the connection between romlist and emulator list is fundamentally broken somewhere. And it matters little for NES roms, i suppose, but for example, with N64 roms i'd like very much to be able to select a specific emulator for different goals, not be limited to a single one.
Please advice.
butter100fly

Re: Frontend cant see emulators.

Post by butter100fly » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:40 am

do you mean you've started from scratch, from an empty quickplay v4, and added these things? Nobody has ever reported a problem like this, there are many happy quickplay v4 users right-clicking and running with many emulators (me included). The logic behind e-finding, the rom window and launching emulators hasn't actually changed between QP v3 and QPv4. I'm wondering if Delphi doesn't like your environment, what's your environment?