How to change the default emulator for a system?

Something not working as it should? We can help you....
Soulios

How to change the default emulator for a system?

Post by Soulios » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:30 am

I have completed my Quickplay setup and i'm now adding additional emulators if i can make them work. The problem is i can't change the emulator i want to use when i launch a game. I have to go to "Run with" to get to the one i actually want to use. I can't find any option anywhere regarding the priority of the emulators in a list. I can't even find something in the ini files. So how does Quickplay know which of the emulators to launch when you simply double click a game and don't use the "Run With" panel?
butter100fly

Re: How to change the default emulator for a system?

Post by butter100fly » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:03 pm

hey, yes I think you've missed something quite simple. QuickPlay's main data structure is the romdata.dat file, which is what you're looking at once you've scanned some games in to a folder. So if you have a 'game' that means you have a line in some romdata that associates a game file with an emulator. So right click the game and go to 'properties' and you'll see an option 'emulator'. Change the emulator! But its much more powerful than that, you can select multiple of those 'games' and change the emulator of all of them at once......

if you want, you can also scroll right in the romdata list and click on what it says in the 'emulator' column and change it there..you probably can't do multiple ones at once that way though

But if you want even more power, those romdata.dat files are just files on your disk - QuickPlay is database-less!, if you want to change multiple emulators in many different romdata files, just get your notepad++ out and change them en masse
Soulios

Re: How to change the default emulator for a system?

Post by Soulios » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:28 pm

butter100fly wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:03 pm
hey, yes I think you've missed something quite simple. QuickPlay's main data structure is the romdata.dat file, which is what you're looking at once you've scanned some games in to a folder. So if you have a 'game' that means you have a line in some romdata that associates a game file with an emulator. So right click the game and go to 'properties' and you'll see an option 'emulator'. Change the emulator! But its much more powerful than that, you can select multiple of those 'games' and change the emulator of all of them at once......

if you want, you can also scroll right in the romdata list and click on what it says in the 'emulator' column and change it there..you probably can't do multiple ones at once that way though

But if you want even more power, those romdata.dat files are just files on your disk - QuickPlay is database-less!, if you want to change multiple emulators in many different romdata files, just get your notepad++ out and change them en masse
:o

Awesome, i did check the rom properties panel but the way it looks i thought it was just an information panel, it didn't even cross my mind i could click on the text for the options to appear. And i use the program for so long...

Maybe it could have a small arrow or something that looks clickable when you open that panel. At least for me it looks hidden the way it is now.

Thanks!