Big command line

Something not working as it should? We can help you....
la2ny

Big command line

Post by la2ny » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:43 pm

Hi,

I've been using QuickPlay for years and it's great. The only thing I have trouble with is that when the command line exceeds 280 characters (yes, I use that much with RetroArch parameters) the rom doesn't launch. If I right click and "run ROM with dialog" and copy the command and paste into command line prompt it works.

I think it must be the declaration of the internal command line variable that was created with 280 characters thinking no one would use past this value.

If you could check this I would love!

Thanks
butter100fly

Re: Big command line

Post by butter100fly » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:53 am

Hi la2ny

I'm afraid its not just a case of a limit being set somewhere in the program, or a string type being used that can't exceed those characters. I suspected Delphi's command-line tools imposing this limit, but according to http://www.delphigroups.info/2/36/562961.html that might not be true. So i've opened https://sourceforge.net/p/quickplay/bugs/39/. I wonder if it might be a limitation imposed by the UI and the text boxes that the command passes between....I'm pretty busy with retroarch mame/mess configs right now, but in the meantime:I found 8:3/SHORTROM naming and 8:3 emu calls really helped me get longer command lines, but these days you may need to turn on 8:3 support on the target drive in windows to make use of that. Retroarch also lets you call an additional config file doesn't it - so you could just put the call to that in the command line and put the flags you want to set in that file maybe?
la2ny

Re: Big command line

Post by la2ny » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:53 pm

Thanks for the reply butter100fly. I'll try what you suggested. I think that will help me. And if you get some spare time sometime please see if you find something.

Best regards!