What do you think of the Multiloader?

Discussion forum, stuff that isn't technical help....
butter100fly

What do you think of the Multiloader?

Post by butter100fly » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Can I ask what you guys think of the Multiloader and how and if you use it?

I really get an amazing experience out of it, but that's because I always zip up my cd games, have them on a nas box (and use netdrive2 to mount that), i routinely install 7zip and I just put up with Deamon Tools and its demands (though the need for mounting CDs externally is getting less, thank god!)

But that's a lot of things to assume you also do....you should only have to do one or two of those things to use the Multiloader, but I often worry that i'm assuming too much that you use it - like I make a 'Multiloader' efind entry for all the RetroaArch CD systems, expecting that you use it (I don't think you need Daemon Tools installed for using the Multiloader with RetroArch btw, we always just pass the .cue to the emu)

Ultimately a main problem that QuickPlay used to have, and RetroArch still has, is that we have to support things like GoodMerged sets but also CD games: so we have to decide what to uncompress out of a 7zip or zip archive in differing circumstances: the default thing most programs deafult to do is only to extract one file from the archive, but for CD/DVD systems that turns out to be totally the wrong thing to do - if you just extract the .cue file then your game won't load. You need something that knows its a CD/DVD extractor and is supposed to extract everything and then pass the .cue to the emulator.......Long ago, I worked out the Multiloader way, and its been really good to me, but do you guys 'get' what I'm doing there, and use it?
AFaustini

Re: What do you think of the Multiloader?

Post by AFaustini » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:33 am

i don`t use, because i prefer to compact my isos with a program like CompactGui, that looks transparent to any programs
butter100fly

Post by butter100fly » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:56 am

I guess you don't use a NAS box then?
AFaustini

Post by AFaustini » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:45 pm

No. With emuators and roms i use a external HDD, with my PC games i use my pc internal HD